How to Cleanse and Care for Lepidolite
Lepidolite is a powerful crystal that needs to be cleansed and cared for in order to maintain its energy, healing properties, and power. Lepidolite Crystals are helpful when they're needed because of their ability to identify the root cause of an issue or problem. They always function at their best when they're regularly cleansed and then charged by the light of the Full Moon.
When it comes to cleansing Lepidolite, you should note that this mineral is incredibly soft and so any rougher techniques are to be avoided. Exposure to water for extended periods of time is also to be avoided. We recommend cleansing methods that involve smudge sticks, sage, or Palo Santo along with the light of the Full Moon.
How to Cleanse Lepidolite Crystals
Smudging is the best method. Smudging is a technique whereby natural leaves like rosemary, sage, or palo santo are burned, releasing waves of smoke that have a purifying effect on the air. This technique is one of the most common ways for cleansing crystals and other stones too.
Follow these steps to Cleanse Your Lepidolite by Smudging them.
- Always open a window before smudging.
- Keep a fireproof bowl or surface nearby to catch any embers as the smudge burns out.
- Light your smudge bundle at one end.
- gentle wave it through the air or place it in the fireproof bowl.
- Pray or chant and use your hands to guide the smoke.
- Imagine the density of negative energy slowly floating away.
- Burning for only a few minutes is ideal for cleansing crystals
Do this regularly will also make sure your Lepidolite is cleansed and ready to share their healing powers with you.
How to cleanse Lepidolite without Sage
Selenite Wands and Clear Quartz Crystals are also a great alternative to smudging. Gently wave a large piece of Clear Quartz or selenite over the lepidolite while visualizing all the negative energies stored in the crystal being removed by the healing power of the selenite. Clear Quartz & Selenite Wands are considered to be two of the most powerful crystals for cleansing and healing, due to its clear angelic frequencies.
Selenite Wands are simple to use for clearing negative energy, all you have to do is hold the wand in your hand and gently wave it through the air or place it on a surface. You can then move it to another area or use it in your crystal grid.
Selenite is also great for releasing negativity from the environment, so you might want to place a wand in each corner of your room.
How to Care for Lepidolite
Lepidolite is a very soft mineral so it is best to place it on soft surfaces without sharp or hard edges. Other damaging actions that should be avoided include:
- using bleach for cleaning
- exposing the crystal to strong magnetic fields, microwaves, or electric currents
- using high heat to dry lepidolite that has been submerged in water for an extended period of time
- using any abrasive substances that may scratch the crystal's surfaces.
- using oil-based cleaners
How to Cleanse and Charge Lepidolite
- Use Smuding or Selenite (both processes described above) to cleanse the crystal.
- Then place the Lepidolite in the light of the moon to charge overnight
- Say a little prayer or intention for the Lepidolite
- Place the Lepidolite Crystals where you feel they need to be or on your Altars or by your bedside.